Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PEEPs.

After all that mixing of "Zzzz" my ears needed a break, so I opened up my eyes...




So usually I use a "PEEPs" post as a way to try and highlight a specific musical artist that I dig, but this time I wanted to try and show off some of the visual art that I've been checking out lately.

for one, this design blog "the Roxor" is incredible. As I am a nerd for graphic-design and logo work this find was messy as I sent hours checking it out. (Yeah I've done a little bit of my own graphic designing... you know this music shit aint making me enough money.)

Through the Roxor I came across this artist Erika Simmons. Right away I was blown away with her cassette tape work. check it:






When I was doing research for my album artwork I came across a lot of great Vector artists because I thought that it would be a style that I wanted to roll in. Eventually with the help of a Nor'easter I opted for photography, but I still dig and follow a lot of these websites/artists:

Blood Sweat Vector
Through Blood Sweat Vector I came across these great not-necessarily-vector artists:
Retro, Hip and Soulful: Sean Qualls
Eric Carl on N.W. Native American Hood Crack: Jonny Wan
Good spot to keep up to date with urban art
: the Little Chimp Society