Friday, August 20, 2010

fish are jumping

So this summer has been real good and real bad to me. In the spring I accepted this full time gig in the real world because I needed the financial support to pay for some of these tuition bills. I can't believe I'm heading into my forth and hopefully final year this fall. (Although I wouldn't mind staying in college another year or two after getting a taste of corporate America) Time flies when you're having fun, am I right? Any-oo, I took some vacation off to work at the Litchfield Jazz Camp, and let me tell you, I love that place. The people are great and the players/faculty is KILLIN. Its a great hang and its so inspiring. Its hard to find a group of people that are all on the same page with music and life, and you can definitely find it in that environment. Next year I think I'm going to be on board again and I'm already looking forward to it. My playing grows every time I'm there, so I'll be heading back for as long as I can.

On a related note, this summer I have basically been enveloping myself in jazz music. This has really worked out, as this next album is going to require some new gear to accomplish the sound I want, and since I've sold my soul for a couple months I'll now have the funds to back it. So I'm going on a shopping spree in a couple weeks and then the recording will begin. I'm hoping for another late fall early winter release, but its hard to say at this point when anything will be ready.